My name is Yanxin Lu. I'm from Guangzhou, China. I got my Bachelors degree at Baylor University in computer science. I'm currently a fourth-year Ph.D. student in computer science at Rice University advised by Swarat Chaudhuri. I'm broadly interested in programming langauges. My research focuses on data-driven program synthesis. My goal is to create technology that can make programming more accessible even for the people with no programming background.
Yanxin Lu, Joe Warren, Christopher Jermaine, Swarat Chaudhuri, Scott Rixner. "Grading the Graders: Motivating Peer Graders in a MOOC.", 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2015
Anna Drummond, Yanxin Lu, Swarat Chaudhuri, Christopher Jermaine, Scott Rixner, Joe Warren. "Learning to Grade Student Programs in a Massive Open Online Course.", IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), 2014.
Young-Rae Cho, Marco Mina, Yanxin Lu, Nayoung Kwon and Pietro H Guzzi. "M-Finder: Uncovering functionally associated proteins from interactome data integrated with GO annotations". Proteome Science, 11(Suppl 1):S3, 2013.
Young-Rae Cho, Tak Chien Chiam and Yanxin Lu. "M-Finder: Functional association mining from protein interaction networks weighted by semantic similarity", IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), 2012.
Undergraduate Presentation Coach
- Help Rice undergraduate engineering students deliver presentations. (Fall 2015, 2016 @ Rice)
- COMP 411 - Principles of Programming Languages (Spring 2015 @ Rice)
- COMP 412 - Introduction to Compiler Construction (Fall 2014 @ Rice)
- COMP 421 - Operating Systems and Concurrent Programming (Spring 2014 @ Rice)
- COMP 215 - Introduction to Program Design (Fall 2013 @ Rice)
- COMP 482 - Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Spring 2013 @ Rice)
Temporary Instructor For National Olympiad in Informatics
- Teaching data structures and algorithms (Summer 2012 @ Guangdong Zhongyuan High School, Guangzhou, China)
Awards and Honors
- 5th place in ACM South Central USA Region Programming Contest (Fall 2010 and Fall 2011 @ Baylor University)